CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 25

Frustration

I want to be a nurse, I want to be a nurse. . .

I find myself muttering that phrase over and over lately, constantly reminding myself that school is the means to an end. That there's only 15. . .ok, really 14 months left. That this process is pointing out just how inflexible I am and that I should try harder to enjoy the journey because how many people would kill to be in my spot? (hundreds actually. 800 people applied. 48 of us got in. wow. i just got an actual jolt of motivation writing that.)BUT things have been awfully frustrating lately. First, I have my dream rotation: Tigard High School. then on Tuesday it was changed to a charter school in SE Portland. NOW I'm at the Salvation Army. Meanwhile, there are classmates going to other schools who, I'm sure, have no intentions of being a school nurse. AND, I just got 2 papers back today. they were graded by the same person on the same day. Both papers were your basic, 2 pages double spaced of reactions to 2 different videos, so basically the same style of writing. One paper said, excellent job. The other said, "You need to see [Linfield's Director of Academic Advising] for help on all your clinical papers." WHAT? Seriously?! And, I'm wondering, what good is a study guide when all it lists is the section breaks in the chapters that are bolded & underlined already?

At times like this, I like to quote the great philosopher Jimmy Buffet:
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Can't end a post on a negative note, so let me leave you with a picture of my date (the cutest boy at the event) at our 10-year-high school reunion last weekend. I can't even begin to explain how much freakin' fun was crammed into 8 hours. The reunion post is in my head, but I need to pick my words carefully so that will be coming later.
above: just a couple of MR fishes (check out those senior pictures on our name tags!)

3 comments:

Ricole said...

I want to see those senior pics up close! :)

It will get better, it will get better, it will get better. Plus, that's what wine is for!

Star Worz said...

dude - just click on the picture and it will get REALLY big!

Unknown said...

Okay, so it's been far too long since I've read your blog, but that going to change! Those senior pics are HILARIOUS!! I can't wait to meet him!