CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 31

Rare

I've only been around for 28 years but I know that some things are very rare.

Rarely are we afforded the opportunity to be plunked back down in the exact same surroundings. And rarer still is when those circumstances that surround us are identical but our own circumstances are completely different. If ever one could be granted a do-over/take-2 or truly experience deja vu, this would certainly be it.

Everyone has a "best time of their life". . .and several runners up. And usually that winner is filled with something momentous, something not found in everyday life. And so it was for me the first time around: an extraordinary night in which something "momentous" happened that was not found in everyday life.

Enter the rare do-over/take-2/deja vu. Here is a night filled with the ordinary. Nothing momentous. Everything possible in everyday life. And yet, it's the ordinary that makes it extraordinary.

Today I'm thankful: for the ordinary, for second chances (cue Celine Dion), for being able to recognize the simplistic beauty of a moment while I'm actually in the moment, that God knows exactly what he's doing because I clearly didn't/don't have a clue.



this is what bored people do on a bridge waiting for fireworks to start:

seriously, why must I always make this face???

0 comments: