CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 10

Kool 105.9

So I was at my good friends' house last night, just chillin' & chattin' away when I suddenly had to ask the question: What radio station is this? I desperately wanted to know because every time a new song came on I said to myself, "I LOVE this song." And the next thing I noticed was the blissful absence of DJ chatter and commercials. And the next thing I asked myself (see, there IS a lot going on in my head) was, "How the heck did my iPod make it on the air for all of Portland to hear?) My patience paid off when I heard 3 lovely ladies singing the stations call letter: KOOL 105.9.

And while we're here, let me pose a question: have you ever pictured those 3 ladies singing call station letters? Is that a real gig or what? I wonder how much they get paid? I wonder how much time it takes. Really. Each spot is approximately 5 seconds long. They can't be in the recording studio for more than 15 minutes can they? And is it really 3 different people or is it 1 person singing 3 different times?

And now back to the songs. Oh the songs! I associate most of my life by different songs. There are some songs I will NEVER listen to ever again and there are some that I will not let anyone change when they come on. Most of KOOL 105.9's songs have me flashing back to errands with my mom during summer in elementary school. She would load me and my sister up, (baggies of snacks at the ready) letting the date determine who got the front seat. Mom had a numbered list and we would cross things off, add and delete as the day went on. You could always count on a visit to the PTCU where the primary mission was restocking on free, orange, triangle pens. The trip usually ended at Ware-Mart on Western Ave. where I would choose chocolate malt balls from the bulk food as my treat. These would have to be consumed before they melted into one big blob since it was now late afternoon and the sun was at its hottest.

What I wouldn't give now for someone to chauffeur me around, give me free pens, buy me treats just for sitting in the car and let me listen to some Cindy Lauper.

Of course, ask my mom and she won't remember any of this. She refers to those days as "The Lost Years." Man, did she miss out!

Lesson learned today: I really miss my dog. I know it has nothing to do with KOOL 105.9 but I really miss my dog.

0 comments: