CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 29

Laura's 2008 Thankful List

I am thankful. . .

. . .for the profession of nursing, that I beat some serious odds to get into school, for three amazing new friends who I love and that I will never, ever have to take another class with Ed Degrauw for the rest of my life. Ever.

. . .for "baby" Henry being the bright spot in my day, constantly lowering my stress level & blood pressure and for his ability to "talk" constantly.
. . .for the Crack Team of Rejects letting me leave Nike on a high note, for being normal 7 hystericaly funny and talking to me more than all my other departments combined.
. . .for the little things in life that keep me happy: Starbucks, DVR, blinking yellow left turn arrows, coffee, hazelnut creamer, reliable alarm clocks, precious Treehouse kids, Americanos, free movies & CD's from the library, sub-5 hour marathons, fridges that seem to refill themselves with pop, Splenda, Jim Halpert, friends who get better as time marches on & free Nike swag.
. . .that Lindsay's own prophetic statement on January 1st declaing 2008 "the year of love" came true for her and for giving me an awesome future brother-in-law. Who else can I talk about anti-psychotic meds with?
. . .for an extremely fun 10-year high school reunion that surpassed all my expectations by making me feel like only days have passed since graduation.
. . .for my amazing family: a mom and dad who daily continue to up the parenting bar with love and sacrifice the world has never seen, a sister who is guaranteed to make me laugh - especially when she doesn't mean to, 4 spirited grandparents who continue to amaze me in all they do, a fun-filled weekend in the San Juans when our family officially increased by two and the new family I've found in the Smalls who have made me feel like family since day one.
. . .for Jonathan Ian Small. I'm thankful for the greatest friend in the world who got me safely up - and down - Mt. Hood and that God brought the man of my dreams into my reality.
. . .for the best year of my life!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon Small is the man of my dreams as well.