CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 7

New Year's Predictions

I hate New Year's resolutions. According to one source, 65% of people have broken their "get in shape" resolution by January 4th. Which is why I didn't go to the gym until January 5th. So instead of making resolutions, I'm going to make predictions for how my life will shape up in 2008. Now I guess you could make the argument that some could be conceived as resolutions in a roundabout way. But unlike Clinton, Bush, attorney general nominees and basically any politician, I'm not very good at playing the semantics game. Some are real, some are wishful thinking and some may seem like wishful thinking but are actually real - it's up to you to decide. Keep in mind I talk a big game but also keep in mind that I was bestowed with the supreme honor of being voted "Most Ambitious" in high school by the 14 people who actually decided to vote and I have always valued it in a special place in my heart because that vote really sets the tone for the rest of your life.

Looking into the crystal ball, by December 31, 2008, I will have. . .
**Run the Portland Marathon in under 4:59:59
**Traveled to a foreign country
**Began the 2-year training plan for the mother of all adventures that will occur in 2010. (it's just killing you to know, isn't it? Hint: it's not the Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii. It's THE MOTHER of all adventures. . .in my opinion.)
**Been more girly
**Wed John Krasinski and bore his children, Grace & John
**Bought a new golden retriever puppy
**Been given a free ride to Duke nursing school
**Had a tan for at least a month
**Made for darn sure Hillary Clinton is not my president
**Attended 3 out-of-state weddings (heck, there has to be at least one other person I know that can make this come true)
**Been early to events (because just being on time isn't good enough)
**Had an actual conversation in Spanish that does not include asking someone where the library is
**Not cried while teaching Treehouse - except if I'm in physical pain
**Stumbled upon buried treasure in my backyard
**Solved world hunger AND world peace

Looks like 2008 is shaping up to be the best year EVER!

**As always, we appreciate your comments & suggestions of what you think I should do this year.**

0 comments: