CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 16

Dr. Doolittle

At approximately 9:52pm, the following happened at the Ware House:

D: "N, Laura, come here a second."

M and I give up our fire side seats and walk to the front door. D opens the front door and a horrible nasty smell waffles in.

Me: "Gross!"

M: "Is that a skunk?!"

D: "Yes."

M: "Well then shut the door!"

Yes, D couldn't simply tell us he saw a skunk outside or that the motion detector lights went off. He had to open the door, and prove to us BY THE SMELL that a skunk had attacked our house. The past 10 minutes have consisted of repeatedly yelling at D and questioning his intellect, (because moments before he insisted that, despite speaking with the airlines who told him a flight was sold out, he was determined to find a seat somewhere on the internet) closing all windows, futilely spraying vanilla Febreeze everywhere and anywhere, and then questioning D's intellect some more.

I know we all have smelled a skunk. We have passed by them and their scents at over 60 mph. But this is a little different. The skunk smell is actually in the house, on my clothes and up my nose. And now, I'm eating a really poor imitation of vanilla smell (yes, it does seem possible to eat a smell.)

Seriously!

Update, 10:14pm ~ D is now wanting to prepare a skunk trap.

Update, 11:15pm ~ M: "It stinks in my house! Oh my god it stinks in my house!"

Update, 11:50pm ~ M: cough, cough "I think I'm choking. I think I'm going to die." Me, laughing: "That just earned you another spot on the blog." M: "Laura, please no!"

1 comments:

Kevin Wecker said...

"Them's good eatin'!"

There is nothing really funny about skunks. Not even the getawhiffofthis smell-type funny. Skunks are like bodily functions. They happen, but are on the lowest common demonator of humor. Well, except within cartoons. 'Cuz who doesn't like cartoons?

I just hope you or your clothes will not be permeated by the skunk when you leave into society today! If so, act like it isn't you. It will confuse at least half the population. For the other half, tell them you just went to a spa, and they gave you the most invigorating rubdown with -- No. Better not.

I believe there are certain remedies for skunk spray. Like a tomato paste bath. Hmm... With my sudden trivial knowledge on skunks, why do I have the feeling we will soon be doing a skunk video for the Treehouse??!